Recently on vacation, my niece prepared the following for us and it was not only healthy but DELICIOUS. The recipe can be found at this web address. (Where you can watch a how-to video and easily print off the recipe).
- Prep Time: 8 minutes
- Cook Time: 22 minutes
- Salmon is quick-cooking and full of omega-3 fatty acids. This Mediterranean recipe adds so much flavor to the fish with olives, capers, zucchini and tomatoes.
- Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 fillet and 1/2 cup vegetable mixture)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless salmon fillets (about 1 inch thick)
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup finely chopped zucchini
- 2 tablespoons capers, undrained
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (2 1/4-ounce) can sliced ripe Kalamata olives, drained
1. Preheat oven to 425°.
2. Sprinkle salt and pepper over both sides of fish. Place fish in a single layer in an 11- x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Combine tomatoes and remaining ingredients in a bowl; spoon mixture over fish. Bake at 425° for 22 minutes.
|Calories per serving:||339|
|Fat per serving:||18g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||4g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||9g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||4g|
|Protein per serving:||37g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||5g|
|Fiber per serving:||2g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||87mg|
|Iron per serving:||2mg|
|Sodium per serving:||424mg|
|Calcium per serving:||43mg|
Believe it or not, I had never had a Kalamata olive or capers before this and LOVE them both. Both add a zest and a zing to this marvelously healthful recipe.