For those of you who don’t know, I’m the proud mother to a U.S. Marine. She is visiting after a long deployment and needs to decompress. What better place then to come home to her family who misses and adores her?
This is my lucky month. She will be home for 23 days. So far we’ve gotten a mani/pedi and spent time together just catching up and shooting the shit.
You don’t know how much I miss this girl when she’s away. I’m so glad she’s home, even if only for a short while.
Love you Lexi!
31 Day Blog Challenge: Day 23 ~ Pet Peeves
Oh my gawd, I can list 100. LOL! I do have a lot of pet peeves, I don’t know what that says about me, but here goes nothing…………..
- When people CANNOT park in their designated parking spot, in the lines – that sets up a whole line of bad parking and worst, my car can possibly get dented by a door or when someone pulls out of their spot. Kills me.
- People who think they are better than everyone else. Coming in late for work everyday, making snarky statements as if they can do no wrong or make any kind of mistakes themselves.
- Racist people. People who again, think that they are better than someone else based upon the color of their skin; makes me sick to my stomach. We all bleed the same. We all have more in common than one might think. We are all just trying to get through this thing called “life” and it should be together in harmony.
- Homophobes. C’mon already, get over it and mind your own business. Love IS love and you cannot help how you were born and who you fall in love with. I remember thinking as a young child “what difference does it make” with regard to two men or two women falling in love. I remember thinking they are not hurting anyone. People really just need to worry about themselves. “LIVE AND LET LIVE”. It’s not our job to judge anyone.
- People who are passive-aggressive. Ugh. So exhausting to me. Stop your whining and grow a pair. If you’ve got a problem, go handle it and stop expecting other people to step into your drama.
- Mistreatment of pets. Breeders that cram poor animals into cages all for the sake of making a quick buck with no regard for the life of the animal. So cruel. These people should be shot.
- Slow drivers, careless drivers. People who text and drive. Grrrrr-RAWR! Get a life!
- People who constantly post political things on fb, especially things I do not agree with.
- The fact that we have a new president and all the violence and misunderstanding that has broken out over it — he’s in office, deal with it. Give him a chance before you go and get your panties all in a twist.
- People who are cryptic on fb with their posts. I mean, every single day. I cannot keep up with it and I cannot figure out your riddle, so say what you think – spell that shit out already because nobody knows WTF you are talking about.
- Negative people that suck all the life out of you when you are trying your hardest to be positive and live a positive life. Especially the ones that post negative things on fb daily. Geez, look around you- there is beauty in everything, surely you can find some thread of goodness to write about? No?
- People who are late. And I mean late. It’s almost as if you need to lie and tell them an earlier start time for an occasion or event so they show up at a fairly decent time. It really bothers me when people are late for work. Pet Peeeeeeeeeve to the max!
- Self-centered people who only want to hear the sound of their own voice. Really, the world does not revolve around you- we all have our own story to tell. Shuttie! And let someone else have a chance.
- People who are ABSOLUTELY incapable of being WRONG in any way, shape, or form. Hello! We are all human and make mistakes, quit making excuses for your mistakes and just own it! Jeeeeeeeez!
My mom use to make this for us for supper. I’ve learned that it’s really simple to make and tastes so yummo! What you’ll need:
Pre-heat Oven to 350 degrees.
3 Cans Tuna packed in water
2 Cans Cream of Mushroom Soup
1 lb. Macaroni noodles (or whichever type of noodle you prefer)
2 C Mild cheddar cheese – shredded
Salt & Pepper to taste
Boil noodles according to package instructions. When done, drain and set aside. In your pot, mix soup and tuna, adding salt and pepper and stirring well. Add in noodles and stir, then transfer to a 9 X 13 Pyrex dish and top with cheese.
Bake in the oven for 20 minutes uncovered at 350 until cheese is melted.
- You could add frozen peas when you are mixing all of your ingredients together.
- I’ve also added shredded hard-boiled eggs to the mix and it’s crazy good.
Soooo easy to make and one of my husband’s favorite comfort foods. Pairs great with garlic bread and a hearty salad.
Got my craft on tonight at work and made a lovely floral basket for my co-workers made of flower pens for them to have and keep.
What you’ll need:
Wire cutters, Green floral tape, a variety of plastic flowers, pens (good ones, Bic or Paper Mate) – caps discarded, and some time.
Push the leaves up on your flowers, cut the stem and leave about an inch 1/2. Start wrapping your pen with the floral tape, start at the bottom (by the tip) and work your way up. As you get to the top, wrap the top of your floral stem, come back down about 1/2 way and stop by pulling the tape off and making sure it’s secure. Done.
This is what your pen should look like when finished:
Arrange in a basket, vase, or tin bucket:
Finished product, really brightens up the area and makes you think about SPRING:
That’s my little flower pen tutorial. All my supplies were purchased at Walm*rt. Hope you enjoyed.
31 Day Blog Challenge: Day 22 ~ 10 Favorite Songs
Here are some of my top favorites. It changes quite often. I don’t know if this is morbid or not but I’m constantly trying to think of great songs for my funeral. Is that weird? I think not. I want my CD to play like a party at my funeral and have all the songs that have touched my heart or made me think of a particular person over the years. Some songs will be aimed at just certain people and I hope they know that was “our jam” at my funeral.
- Rocket Man – Elton John
- Somewhere Over The Rainbow – Israel Kanakawiwo’ole
- Take Me Home – Pentatonics
- Black Bird – The Beatles
- Let It Be – The Beatles
- I gotta Feeling – The Black Eyed Peas
- Hey Jude – The Beatles
- River of Dreams – Billy Joel
- Another One Bites the Dust – Queen
- Boom Boom Pow – The Black Eyed Peas
31 Day Blog Challenge: Day 21 ~ Something I miss
First thing that comes to mind is missing my dad. But since I’ve already written about him quite a few times and about how much I miss him, I think I’ll try to pry another answer out of this soaked sponge up there 🙂 *I miss you Dad!*
I was raised in a large family and have 11 siblings. I have 6 sisters and 5 brothers. I miss the days of yesteryear, when we would all gather quite often and celebrate different occasions. As we’ve grown older, we’ve all drifted apart and see each other annually on Christmas and that’s about it unless one of us runs into the other visiting at my mom’s house.
When I was a teenager it was ALL ABOUT FAMILY. We gathered and were in each others business, had a lot of good times and we all made it a priority.
I miss those days.
Now I understand that life has its own challenges and people are busy with their own families but we don’t even celebrate Birthday’s anymore. My mom is older and isn’t up to partying, and everyone has to tend to their kids, home life, and work which is understandable.
I just wish I could turn back time and get that comradery back into my life. I love and adore each and every one of my siblings and miss them, their spouses, and their children so much.
So, here’s to the next Christmas gathering 😦
An anti-bucket list: the things you hope to never do before you die 🙂
- I hope to never encounter an alligator or crocodile
- I hope to never bungee jump
- I hope to never jump out of a plane
- I hope to never go zip-lining
- No parasailing
- I hope to never swim with sharks
- I hope to never hold a big spider
- I don’t want to eat anything gross ~ not even if I’m traveling abroad and it’s a custom
- I do not want to hike (I’m lazy)
- I definitely do not want to ever ever ever run a marathon
I’m sure I could think of a lot more if I put my mind to it, if you haven’t already guessed I’m not the adventurous type and I’M FINE WITH THAT. I live a pretty basic, normal life and I’m ok and accept who and what I am. To those who do things on their bucket list- kudos to you. I have a daughter that has done most of what’s on my anti-bucket list and I couldn’t be more proud of her for her accomplishments. Me, I’ll just stick to what I know for the most part 🙂
31 Day Blog Challenge: Day 20 ~ Where I want to be in 10 years?
Where do I want to be in 10 years, let’s see … that would make me 57 years old. I still want to be happily married to my sweet hearted husband. I want to not be working as much and I would love to have more grandchildren. I’d like to be living in a warmer climate and spending more time at the beach in my spare time.
I’d like all my family to be healthy and thriving and living in close proximity. I see myself having found my passion with regards to crafting and hopefully will have time to spend on “me time” doing my thang.
My dream would be to figure out what I’m good at, what I’m passionate about and actually be able to make a living doing it.
All I really care about though is the health and well being of my family and watching my family grow. I still have two kids that are not married and I’m wishing, hoping, and praying that they find their “happily ever after” in a partner and are happy and thriving.
Ever had PMS and got an email from your boss/friend/family member that just tore you up inside. Before ya know it, you find yourself responding like this:
Ha! Ha! Ha! I have. And, to make matters worse, I’ve sent the email response and have landed myself in hot water a time or two.
I think there should be a “PMS EMAIL FILTER” installed on all computers where the woman suffers from PMS or PMDD.
Gosh, what comes over me that I want to right the wrongs, dot the i’s, and cross the t’s? AND MAKE DAMN WELL SURE I’M HEARD!
This PMS email filter is a great idea, I should make a program for this issue and sell it, I think it would sell like hot cakes. I imagine it would measure the users veracity of speed whilst typing and take into account key phrases such, but not limited to; “That’s not professional!” or “How is that any of your business?” or “I am coming forward to let you know what is going on and nothing ever gets done about it!” or “Go fuck yourself” or “DON’T TALK TO ME EVER AGAIN, as a matter of fact, don’t even breathe near me again!”- paying particular attention to phrases in ALL CAPS and sentences with exclamation points.
The user could enter the date their period is expected – the computer module could calculate when PMS would occur and flag all email responses within that time frame, putting a hold on the email response. That way the user could go over said email a day or two later and decide with a clearer head whether or not to send the email response. It would naturally be directed into a holding folder with the title “PMS Email Review”.
Or, the module could re-route your PMS email responses to your best friend for review and they could advise you whether or not you should send the email response. Most of the time, the answer would be, “NO, do not send that email!”. LOL.
Just a thought 🙂