What is love?
1. a profoundly tender, passionate affection for another person.
2. a feeling of warm personal attachment or deep affection, as for a parent, child, or friend.
3. sexual passion or desire.
4. a person toward whom love is felt; beloved person; sweetheart.
5. (used in direct address as a term of endearment, affection, or the like):
Would you like to see a movie, love?
6. a love affair; an intensely amorous incident; amour.
7. sexual intercourse; copulation.
15. to have love or affection for: All her pupils love her.
16. to have a profoundly tender, passionate affection for (another person).
17. to have a strong liking for; take great pleasure in: to love music.
18. to need or require; benefit greatly from: Plants love sunlight.
19. to embrace and kiss (someone), as a lover.
20. to have sexual intercourse with.
21. to have love or affection for another person; be in love.
22. love up, to hug and cuddle: She loves him up every chance she gets.
So you can see love is a many splendored thing by the feeling it gives you and per the many delightful definitions. Which brings me to Valentine’s Day – this is actually my Birthday 🙂
I adore Valentine’s Day, I always have. I use to love it as a child when the Valentine’s Day decorations would begin to show up in the shops because it made me KNOW that my special day wasn’t far off. I’ve always enjoyed my Birthday and am so happy that it falls on Valentine’s Day. I cannot tell you how many times I’ve been told I’m a “Valentine Baby” or just what it means to me. It’s like a win/win situation – I am so lucky, in fact- that I don’t just have a Birthday, I have a Birthday Week which is given to me by my husband and it’s a week full of being spoiled. Yes, you read that right. If you do not have a Birthday Week, I highly suggest you implement one no matter how you get there, make sure you have one 😉
Here’s a little brief video of the History of Valentine’s Day
for those of you that are unfamiliar or think it’s a made up “Hallmark Holiday”.
I think the word “love” is so special that I try not to use it in every day situations to exaggerate the way I reeeeeally like something. I feel it’s as powerful as the word HATE which I never use, because it’s such a strong word. I use the word LOVE in the same way ~ overused it can lose its meaning. Over said without the actions to back it up is also a waste.
Which reminds me of a famous LOVE poem:
Love is Patient
Love is patient, love is kind.
It does not envy, it does not boast,
it is not proud.
It is not rude, it is not self-seeking,
it is not easily angered,
it keeps no record of wrongs.
Love does not delight in evil
but rejoices with the truth.
It always protects, always trusts,
always hopes, always perseveres.
Love never fails.
What is love?
and mostly Love is…
To my sweet, kind-hearted, loving, caring, tender, understanding, patient husband Moo on this Valentines Day, I just want to tell you how much I LOVE You and always will. You are my heart and my soul. Thank you for all you do for me, I appreciate it and don’t know what I’d do without you. You are my inspiration, my rock, my mentor, my lover, and the best friend that I’ve ever had in my life. Happy Valentine’s Day baby! ♥