This is THE EASIEST recipe to make and your house will smell like Thanksgiving dinner. It reheats well the next day also. It literally takes 5 minutes to assemble and is tasty! This is best served over rice.
- 2 lbs. of Un-Cooked Chicken Breasts (or enough to fill the bottom of a 9×13 Pyrex dish)
- Swiss Cheese Slices (enough to cover the chicken)
- 2 cans Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 Box of Stove Top Chicken Stuffing Mix (plus the seasonings if they are separate)
- 3T Butter
- 1 Tomato (optional)
DIRECTIONS: Layer in your Pyrex dish;
- Cover bottom of pan with un-cooked chicken.
- Lay Swiss cheese slices over chicken.
- Spread on Cream of Chicken Soup.
- Melt the butter and mix it with the un-cooked stuffing mix. Layer it on.
- OPTIONAL: Top with slices of Tomato
- Bake at 375 for 35 – 40 minutes.
- Serve over rice.
*If your chicken breasts are super thick, just filet them first (cut them in ½ lengthwise)
*Approx. ¾ of the way through cooking, I usually cover with aluminum foil so that my stuffing doesn’t get too browned.