Day 12. What are the top five skills you wish you had? Why?
- I wish I played a musical instrument, preferably the cello. I played for a few years when I was a child and I was good at it. Why? Because it’s a beautiful string instrument that fills the air with bliss. It’s soothing and I’d love to be part of an orchestra. I’d love to be able to say that I’m an accomplished cello player and I’d love to play all the time.
- Being able to “build” something preferably out of wood; such as furniture. I’m soooo envious of people that can throw something amazing together willy-nilly. I have so many talented brothers that are gifted craftsmen. I have a brother that build his own work space out of solid oak – then wash “stained” it the coolest green color. My brother Joe is outstanding in the field making custom oak stereo speakers and also built himself a 2-tier deck out back and MADE individually his custom kitchen cabinets out of solid oak. My brother Tom is also one that can build or CREATE the most beautiful decor from his home from marvelous book cases to stained glass panels to go around his front double door entrance with wild imagination. I’d love to be able to build things (I suck at math, so that would be a problem) but I also lack the materials needed to produce such intricate wooden pieces of art that will be handed down from generation to generation. So proud of ALL of my brothers for their amazing creativity.
- I’d love to be able to write a book. All the imagination and thought that goes into creating something for the masses to enjoy, to thrill, to occupy their minds with ALL the twists and turns of a great book. A real page-turner. I’d love to be a professional writer but know I lack the skills and that’s ok. My little blog is enough for me to tap out what’s on my mind and hopefully one day my kids will read it and learn even more about me. That’s my goal with this blog.
- I’d love to have a photographic memory. I’m not sure if that’s always a blessing and not a curse (so they say, those that have a photographic memory). I’m not even sure if this counts as a skill but I’d KILL to remember dates and times of events and the details. My mind gets a little fuzzy and my short term memory is not so great either. It’d be nice to be able to have ALL the facts and not just a gut feeling but not being able to recall the facts. I’m more of an emotional thinker than a logical thinker. It’s very frustrating.
- I’d love to be a better reader. I’d like to be able to concentrate on WHAT I’m reading and have a better comprehension. I learn by “doing” not by reading. I’m a visual learner and sometimes I’ll get an email and think, “WTF?” and someone will explain it to me and it will make perfect sense after they “show me” or explain it better.