Writing/Blogging Challenge Day 4 ~ List 10 things you would tell your 16 year-old self, if you could.
Man-Oh-Man do I ever wish I could have told my 16 year-old self the following, because I had to learn it the hard way:
- YOU are good enough, you are just as good as everyone else! You count! You matter!
- YOU do not need a boy to validate yourself, you are fine on your own; go have fun with your girlfriends and make memories
- YOU are smart, not “just pretty” ~ you have amazing talents to come, that you haven’t even tapped into yet
- God loves you. *Shaking myself to pay attention to this one* He forgives you (even though it wasn’t your fault), you are a child of God just like everyone else. God is loving.
- Don’t let others opinion of yourself define you. People will talk about you, but you need to stand in your own truth.
- Get your education, pay attention to schooling and not on your boyfriend. If he was meant to be, he’ll be there when you are done.
- Don’t be shy, don’t be afraid to stand up for yourself. Nobody else is going to do it for you.
- Be confident; if you have something to say, say it – but say it with kindness. Be firm in your opinions but respectful of others.
- Go to art school!
- Be only kind to your parents, they need help. They might not ask for it, but volunteer your time – they are most important in this life.
Here is the list I’m going off of, if you care to join in on the fun 🙂