I’m so happy that Anne has asked me to co-blog with her! Anne is without a doubt the truest friend that I have ever had. She’s just one of those people that I’m completely comfortable being myself around, and I know she loves me despite my many flaws. What more could a girl ask for (aside from living close to each other again)?
For my first post here, I thought I would write a little about myself so that you can get to know me a little better. So, here are 25 random facts about me.
- My husband really is my best friend, and I don’t know what I would do without him.
- I have a 17 year old stepson, but most of the time I just refer to him as my son. I’ve been in his life since he was 4 years old, and we are really close.
- I have Crohn’s disease. For those of you who don’t know what Crohn’s disease is, it’s an autoimmune disease that is a chronic inflammatory bowel disease that affects the lining of the digestive tract. It can also manifest itself in other places outside of the digestive tract such as the skin, eyes, and joints just to name a few.
- I’m disabled because of my Crohn’s disease and all of the havoc that it has caused. Primarily the vision loss, neuropathy, and then just the Crohn’s disease itself. Coming to terms with the fact that I was disabled at the age of 27 was one of the hardest things that I have ever had to deal with.
- I have a dog named Bella who is really more like another child. She’s a German shepherd and husky mix, and she’s beyond spoiled.
- I love to cook and bake.
- I love reading, and I’m still able to read as long as it’s really large print.
- I’m almost completely blind in my right eye, I have no peripheral vision, and I have issues seeing certain colors. This is all because of Crohn’s. Due to the vision loss, I haven’t been able to drive for the past 4 years.
- I’ve recently started a journey to better health.
- My family is really hard to explain to other people. I honestly never realized how complex my family was until I was trying to explain it to someone. My parents are divorced, and both have remarried. I consider myself to have 4 parents. Each of my stepparents has a son and a daughter from a previous marriage. I have a sister and a brother from my parents marriage. My brother was adopted, and that is a whole geneologic mess in and of itself. My family may be complex, but they’re mine and I love them.
- I don’t trust people very easily. I have a very small inner circle of people who I truly trust, and I can tell anything to.
- My alcoholic drink of choice is white wine – preferably moscato or reisling.
- I don’t drink pop anymore, and I primarily just drink water (except for the occasional glass of wine).
- I can be very sarcastic, and I have a twisted sense of humor.
- I probably enjoy reality t.v. just a little too much. I’m talking Teen Mom, Dance Moms, The Voice, and lots of craziness that is on TLC.
- I can’t stand being hot. I would much rather be cold. Ironically, I love summer because I like to wear summer dresses and flip flops.
- I collect angels. My favorite angel that I have is a beautiful stained glass angel with red hair that my mother-in-law made especially for me.
- I pretty much live in pajamas. Seriously, if I’m not leaving the house there’s a 99% chance that I’m in pajamas.
- My favorite color is pink, and I have way too much pink stuff (by everyone else’s standards, but not by mine).
- My side of the closet is arranged in a very methodical fashion. My clothes are grouped by item type (camisoles, tanks, short sleeve shirts, etc), and then arranged by color from lightest to darkest within each grouping. My husband and son make fun of me because of this.
- I can waste hours browsing Pinterest. Is there anyone who doesn’t lose track of time when browsing Pinterest?
- I hate cilantro. I think that it tastes like soap. I recently learned that the reason I think that it tastes like soap is genetic. Really, there have been studies done that prove this.
- I never were nail polish on my fingernails, but my toenails have to be polished at all times. I have no logical explanation for this.
- My husband and I have so many inside jokes that I think that if anyone overheard the majority of our conversations they would probably question our sanity.
- As I’m about to post this, my husband and dog are hogging the bed and snoring.