I’m doing a 30 day writing challenge (photo in the post below) and today’s topic is “Five Problems with Social Media”. I’m just going to give it from my perspective, I’m not going to worry about the big picture ~ I’m telling it from my teensie point of view.
- Most of the horrific, eye-catching, or too-good-to-be-true “shares” are most likely not even true so I rarely pass them on unless I look them up at Snopes FIRST to be sure it’s not a hoax. What a huge waste of time and energy to just SHARE everything you see and take it at face value.
- It can be downright annoying. “Please share this picture and God will bless you, type “Amen” or you’ll burn in hell for all eternity”. C’mon, people ~ pah-lease …. enough already.
- Misunderstandings between friends and family are easy and often times people get hurt in the process. You are writing and you never know how it will come off. It may be something innocent and a friend will take it the wrong way and get upset. People cannot see your face, see that you are laughing or in a good mood, or maybe even upset and crying ~ maybe they just perceived it as sarcastic anger?
- Twitter, fb, Instagram, Snapchat, Tumblr, Google+, Pinterest, Youtube ~ evidently each one is super important and yet I don’t get half of them. Twitter still baffles me to this day ~ I don’t see the purpose yet everyone and their grandma are tweeting with hashtags. #itsovermyhead #someonepleaseexplain #imlost. LOL! The only social media I use on a daily basis is fb and that’s because it’s pretty straightforward. In other words, it doesn’t confuse the hell out of me.
- Politics. Sharing and voicing opinions about WHICH political party/machine you are advocating. Politics use to be taboo ~ just like asking someone how old they are, how much they weigh, or how much money they make. While I don’t mind people posting funny political pictures or even posting who they would like to see as the next President of the United States; if you read the comments it usually turns out to be a bitter war between friends that seems to follow just as soon as someone else sees it as offensive and goes on the attack. People do not understand that if they DO NOT LIKE a photo or post on someone’s fb page ~ they need to move on. OR if they are upset that I’m advocating a Republican candidate, it is not their job to attack me on MY PAGE. They should just go to their own page and upload a picture of who they would like to vote for. In other words, live and let live.